Monday 13 December 2010

Christmas Countdown: Nativity



This post is a bit of a cheat, as I intended to make my own nativity scene this year. It was still a half formed plan, and I wasn't quite sure how I'd do it. Fortunately, I haven't had to! My parents decided to give Alice a Christmas decoration every year, and this year my mum chose to get her a little nativity scene made up of little painted plywood shapes. It's brightly coloured and a bit quirky. Mary in particular looks unlike any representation of Mary I've ever seen! I'm already looking forward to putting it up in our house. Hopefully we will be able to retell the Christmas story with it when she's old enough to understand.


2 comments:

  1. That's so lovely, Tacey - my parents are also giving DD an ornament every year...such a nice tradition.

    Your festive decorations are delightful!

    TennisGal (from BnB!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm really pleased with it. It will be so lovely for our little ones to look back at their collection and be reminded of past Christmases.

    ReplyDelete