Thursday 29 April 2010

German Measles

Alice woke up the other morning with a rash. It was over most of her body, and as she'd had dry skin for a few days running, I assumed it was her eczema flaring up again. I gave her a good soak in an oat and milk bath and got on with the day. Unfortunately, my day involved meeting up with six other mums and babies. As the afternoon drew on, Alice starting looking progressively spottier. I stammered some apologies and headed to the doctor who confirmed she had rubella. Thankfully, she's right as rain and isn't even itchy. I'm mortified to have exposed others to it, but I suppose it can't be helped.

With a 10 day quarantine ahead of us, I'm planning on finally sorting out the garden, and maybe getting a few projects completed. I'm also trying to research options for immunisation, as now she is immune to rubella, it seems silly to expose her to it again if she has the MMR vaccine. I don't think the single doses are licensed for use in the UK though. At any rate, that will give me something to think about while I'm at home. Let's hope the little one gets over it soon, although every time I see her spotty little face grinning at me, I can't help finding her extra cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment